Comment on page
Exporting and Importing a Wallet Using a Passphrase
If you'd like to export your passphrase, you can do it in several ways: 1. Whole Account (without Unique Secret) 2. Account with Unique Secret (from the Wallet tab) 3. Account with Unique Secret (from the Settings tab)
Options 2 & 3 don't have any "techincal" difference between each other, the only thing that differs is the menu tab you access your passphrase from. So, you're welcome to use the one you find the most convenient.
2. Click on the three dots next to your wallet name:
3. And finally, on Export wallet, then Continue → Export
4. Select Mnemonic passphrase, write down the 12-word phrase and keep it safely
If you want to export an account with a Unique Secret here's what you need to do: 1. Go to the Wallets tab & click on the network you'd like to export:
2. Then click on the three dots in the top right corner & select the Export account option:
3. Select Mnemonic passphrase and keep your 12 words safely:
- 1.Go to Settings tab and then click on Wallets:
2. Afterward, choose the network you'd like to export and click on the three dots next to it:
3. Select the Export account option, then click on Mnemonic passphrase and keep your 12 words safely:
That's it! You've just successfully exported your account!
Click on Import account from pre-existing seed, as shown below
Finally, input your seed phrase
Unfortunately, Polkadot.js does not allow you to export your passphrase once you've created your wallet. (More info here). If you haven't saved your seed phrase, you will have to export the JSON file. Have a look at the next tutorial to learn how to import using a JSON file!
If you have already saved your passphrase, open the Fearless Wallet app and click on Settings and then Wallets
Then click on the Add wallet button and select the "I already have a wallet" option
Select the correct Source type from the drop down menu to use while importing your account.
If you're importing your wallet using the Mnemonic passphrase, you'll have to choose a name for your account in the Fearless Wallet app.
Instead, if you're using a JSON file, you'll also have to type the password you used to protect that wallet on the Polkadot.js extension!